Oil Change Service in Denver, CO | FAQ
Do you know when the last time was that you had your car’s oil checked, let alone changed? If you fail to keep up with this simple task, you could jeopardize your car’s health. That is why we recommend regularly getting your oil changed and checked by service professionals. Take a look at our guide below to learn more about common oil change questions.
Your Oil Change Service Questions Answered
Why is getting my car’s oil changed important?
Your car requires oil to keep the engine and its moving parts lubricated. If you don’t change your oil, the level of lubrication drops, which could lead to engine damage. Getting your oil changed regularly will ensure you have high-quality oil flowing through your engine and keeping your Toyota running smoothly.
How do I know when my car needs an oil change?
On average, your oil should be checked or changed every 3,000 to 10,000 miles. However, this can vary depending on your make and model. If you notice any of the following warning signs, then it’s time to consult your technician:
- The oil is dark or silty
- The engine runs loudly
- The check engine light comes on
- Your oil is lower than the recommended level
How do I check the oil in my car myself?
If you want to check your oil yourself, follow these tips:
- Turn off the engine and wait about 10 minutes
- Pop the hood and find the dipstick
- Pull out the dipstick and wipe it with a lint-free cloth
- Place the dipstick into its reservoir and then pull it back out
- Check the oily film at the end of the dipstick
If it appears that the oil is a cloudy dark black or brown, or you happen to notice floating particles, then you should bring your car in for service right away.
What happens during a professional oil change?
Our process for changing your oil is as follows:
- The level and condition of the current oil is checked
- We drain the old oil and remove the old filter
- We add a new filter
- Fresh, high-quality oil is added
Where can I get an oil change near me?
If you’re in the Denver, Colorado, area, schedule your service appointment with Groove Toyota today. Our team of expertly trained technicians will make sure that your oil is changed and your car is back on the road in no time.